Based in Karlshamn, Sweden
DescriptionAn adventure among the clouds. Turn into a bird and fly to explore a shattered world of floating islands, nomads and secrets of old. Aer is a game in which you play as a girl with the ability to transform into a bird. You will fly to explore and experience a world of floating islands, where exploration will be the key to unlock secrets and progress through a story leading you to the end of the world. Ultimately, you will challenge the Gods and save reality itself. The game is planned for release on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4 and Xbox One in 2016 and is published Daedalic Entertainment.
HistoryMore to come soon..
- Atmospheric exploration adventure!
- An open world sculpted in a low-poly style with vibrant colors.
- Awesome flying mechanics.
AER - Old WIP proof of concept video Vimeo
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Aer. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Game Concept Challenge 2013" Karlshamn, 2013
- "AER looks ethereally brilliant."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Imagine Wind Waker had flying, instead of sailing."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "This trailer is described as a proof of concept but I'm seeing a lot to like already."
- Alsdair Duncan, Destructoid
- "The essence of a world different than ours conveyed so simply, yet so perfectly. And the feeling of exploration the trailer gives me just has me wishing that this was something I could already play."
- TheWulf, VG24/7
- " Forgotten Key released a concept trailer for AER a few days ago, and when watching it, it’s easy to see why they’ve been commended for their work once again."
- Chris Priestman, Indiestatik
About Forgotten Key
Forgotten Key is a Swedish independent game studio founded in Karlshamn in 2011 by four students of Blekinge Institute of Technology. At Forgotten Key we strive to give our players atmospheric experiences with distinctive and quirky adventures. Today the team consists of six ambitious individuals making atmospheric experiences. We seek to experiment with video games in a way that gives our players an experience that goes beyond the entertainment that the mechanics provide. We respect our players and want to create artistic and innovative video games that touch, inspire and stay with them.
More information on Forgotten Key, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO and designer, Forgotten Key
Programmer, Forgotten Key
Artist, Forgotten Key
Artist, Forgotten Key
Composer and sound designer, Forgotten Key
Level designer, Forgotten Key