Based in Karlshamn, Sweden
Juni 6, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
374 35 Karlshamn
+46 (0) 76 566 34 81
DescriptionForgotten Key is a Swedish independent game studio founded in Karlshamn in 2011 by four students of Blekinge Institute of Technology. At Forgotten Key we strive to give our players atmospheric experiences with distinctive and quirky adventures. Today the team consists of six ambitious individuals making atmospheric experiences. We seek to experiment with video games in a way that gives our players an experience that goes beyond the entertainment that the mechanics provide. We respect our players and want to create artistic and innovative video games that touch, inspire and stay with them.
After the first year of studies at Blekinge Institute of Technology Robin Hjelte and Jesper Olofsson decided to collaborate on a small point and click adventure focused on atmosphere called The Shine of a Star. The game won a competition known as Game Concept Challenge and the award was used to form the studio Forgotten Key with a few fellow students including Cajsa Larsson. The summer that year was dedicated to developing The Shine of a Star which was first released in early 2012.After that
The team continued working together and picked up some more talent along the way and now consists of Robin, Jesper, Cajsa as well as Andreé Hallengren, Andreas Nilsson and Lucas Wall. We continued crafting games and ended up winning the same competition (Game Concept Challange) a total of three years in a row, with Blanco and AER added to the awarded games. The money made from these awards has funded us this far, and we are now working full time on the game AER, a visually distinctive adventure game in which you will fly to explore and experience a marvelous yet dying world. In January 2015 we announced our cooperation with Daedalic Entertainment, who helps us with the publishing of AER
AER Gameplay Trailer PAX East 2016 YouTube
AER Gamescom trailer 2015 YouTube
AER - WIP concept video Vimeo
There are far more images available for Forgotten Key, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Forgotten Key. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Game Concept Challange 2011 with the game The Shine of a Star" - June, 2011
- "Winner of Game Concept Challange 2012 with the game Blanco" - June, 2012
- "Winner of Game Concept Challange 2013 with the game AER" - June, 2013
- "AER looks ethereally brilliant."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Imagine Wind Waker had flying, instead of sailing."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- "This trailer is described as a proof of concept but I'm seeing a lot to like already."
- Alsdair Duncan, Destructoid
- "The essence of a world different than ours conveyed so simply, yet so perfectly. And the feeling of exploration the trailer gives me just has me wishing that this was something I could already play."
- TheWulf, VG24/7
- " Forgotten Key released a concept trailer for AER a few days ago, and when watching it, it’s easy to see why they’ve been commended for their work once again."
- Chris Priestman, Indiestatik
Team & Repeating
CEO, Design, Scripting
Art 2D, 3D
Animator and art 2D and 3D